Friday, November 29, 2013

The One Where Vic Blogs About A Special Christmas Request for Someone Else

*Important*

Okay, you guys know me. I donate. I'm a giver. I'm not perfect. I never pretend that I am. I don't judge. I don't condemn, criticize or judge. I give back. I try to make the world a better place. I forgive those that hurt me and I move on. I want to be a world changer. I always have been. I want my daughter and any other children I have to be proud to have me as their father. I said all that to say this:


I just heard a story and I want you all to get involved. The Christmas season is coming upon us and I know everyone is probably scrambling around buying presents last minute for family and kids, but I'm asking you, if you can to help out these two very special causes.

The first is a young girl: Naidelin, 11, who lives in South Carolina. She has cystic fibrosis. The doctors have given her six months to live. Her family is poverty stricken, her older sister and her four children live in the home with Naidelin and her parents. Naidelin can no longer attend school and has an IEP where tutors/teachers come out to her home to teach her, however after about 1.5 hours she is struggling for breath and in pain and it becomes too difficult for her to continue. Her parents are barely able to pay for their bills and Naidelin's hospital bills which means that Naidelin will be going without Christmas presents this year. Naidelin likes Hello Kitty, SpongeBob SquarePants, she is in the sixth grade and focusing on math and english (so any of those helpful toys/electronics would be great), she hates baby dolls and barbie dolls, likes batman, and wants a blanket.

The second is Morningside Middle School in South Carolina: This school is in desperate need of computers. It is a Title One school. Many of the female students there aspire to growing up, having children and getting on welfare because that's what their mothers did and they barely know better. However, they have a few teachers there now who are teaching them that they can aspire to better, but there is a new policy that is going to be coming into play that is supposed to help them, but it will only benefit schools that have computers, because instead of allowing students to breeze through school and just guess at the right answer, multiple choice questions will disappear and students will have to show their work. Morningside does not have enough computers at their school and many of their students do not have the comprehension to be able to speak or write to be able to use one to be able to use one efficiently. I want to be able to supply this school with some computers. They don't have to be top of the line, but I think it would be awesome to either send the school a check from "The GLBTQ Community" (LOL) or buy a bunch of computers and have them just be delivered or something (Unless someone lives in South Carolina and can deliver them?) I'm thinking if we can donate about 5 or 6 computers that will go a long way to helping that school which is about 1300-2000 if we don't get top of the line.

If you want to help out, you can send the gifts:

                    Vicktor Alexander
                    For Naidelin
                    5549 Black Hawk Lane
                    Lakeland, FL 33810

If you want to help out Morningside Middle School, address the checks TO Morningside Middle School (DO NOT address them to me, I don't want to be responsible for that) or buy a gift card to Best Buy or Walmart.


If you can't help, I completely understand, but for those of you who do something, even if all you do is send a Christmas card to Naidelin or something to the kids at Morningside, thank you so much. I appreciate you. I'll keep you all updated.


-Vic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to pet The Vic?