Monday, May 3, 2010

Hello

So at the urging and insistence of family and friends, I have decided to create a blog. Something completely different than what I would normally do. I would usually take up a ton of space talking about world issues and controversies, and while I'll still give my "two cents" on those things, I'm also going to put up samples of my writing, videos of me acting or monologuing, pictures of my art...Pretty much just letting you guys get a chance to know who I am. The real me. I've been somewhat missing for a few years, lost in my attempts to become that perfect...something, for everyone. There's something so liberating when you finally decide to live for yourself.

So anyway, some quick background information on me...I am one of six children from my father, my mother's eldest of four. I am a former Army soldier, an aspiring actress, writer, singer and businesswoman. Yeah...I'm kind of a jack-of-all-trades. I love watching The History Channel, Comedy Central, HGTV, and Lifetime. I jokingly tell people that my heart is Italian, because of my love for the food, culture, history, and lifestyle of the people of Italy. I am eccentric when it comes to my television watching habits. My current favorite television show is "Criminal Minds." I have watched "A Different World," "Remember the Titans," "California Dreams," and "Legally Blonde" so much that I have every show/line memorized, much to my family and friends' dismay.

I'm a walking contradiction. I am a free-spirited woman who thrives on rules and regulations. I'm a spontaneous planner. One of the biggest contradictions is the fact that I don't want to get married, I've actually sworn off dating/relationships/marriage, BUT I want to have a wedding! (I know, how weird is that?) I love making people laugh, but I don't consider myself a comedian, I love to write and act and sing and while I want to make a living doing those things, they are all just a means to an end, my deepest desire is to save the world. I know, it's a tall order, but there are non-profit organizations, charities and group homes that I want to start and you have to have a couple million/billion dollars to truly make them effective, so what better way to fund them than by using my talent to do so?

My life is not easy, my thoughts are not your usual run-of-the mill thoughts, I think outside of the box, I'm blunt, I'm open, I share freely. I'm happily, contentedly, and devotedly single and there's only one man that can change that: Shemar Moore and seeing as how he doesn't know I exist, there's no danger of my status ever changing (and that's how I like it).

Anyway welcome to "Whisper of Longing", a glimpse into my world, my life, my talent, my hopes, my dream and our generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to pet The Vic?