Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Graceland by Ally Blue A MUST Read


GracelandGraceland by Ally Blue
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow. I could feel the emotions of these characters, the gripping fear, the heartbreak, the joy, the passion and the love, they oozed and bled off of every page. I laughed out loud and hell if I didn't cry at some parts.

Being both black and Cherokee Indian I was both excited and nervous about reading a book where one of the main characters is black and the other is Cherokee as there is still some hostility between Cherokee and Freedmen, but Ally handled it with grace, even discussing the tension there. My granny would have loved this book as she was proud of both her African and her Cherokee heritage and she would have found Owen adorable and Kevin sexy.

At one point I could almost hear her say "'Dem boys need to stop actin' a fool and just get together already."

And at the end my Granny Mary would have sighed and looked at me and said, "Now baby, that's real love and commitment. That's trust. That's forever. I want that for you, because if you have something like this, you know it's real."

Yeah I do too Granny.

That's the feeling that I had when I finished this book. That my spirit had reconnected with my Granny's and we'd read this book together. I felt more connected to the Cherokee part of my heritage and the African part of my heritage, but more than that Kevin and Owen's love came out of the book and wrapped me in its embrace.

I wish I could give the book more than 5 stars, but that's the maximum Goodreads will allow me. I totally suggest you read it, especially if you don't think a book has the power to make you feel loved. And read it if you know that it does.

Just read it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to pet The Vic?