Thursday, November 17, 2011

Just When I Thought It Couldn't Get Any Better

*Short post for me-I know, I know. Gasp and all that*

Yesterday was the greatest birthday I ever had.  Not because I got presents (although have authors in my family meant that I got free books for my birthday yesterday-free books and gift cards for...you guessed it, free books! LOL), not even because of the AMOUNT of people that wished me "Happy Birthday" and it was amazing to me.  But because of the amount of love and support and encouragement from my family.

It was amazing.

My homemade lasagna and homemade birthday cake were "slap your Mama" good (I'm putting up pictures-don't worry) and having "Happy Birthday" sung to me almost made me cry.

But just when I thought it couldn't get any better, the one thing that I wanted.  The one important relationship that I've craved since I realized at the age of 4 that the one I had was corrupt and evil and wrong, I got in spades.

I got a dad for my birthday yesterday.

Doesn't that sound like a book?  "A Daddy for Vic."  (Yep, I totally think I'm going to write that)

Anyway.  I asked someone that I have long admired and someone who (in the back of my mind I've held in the fantasy position of friend and father-anyway) has recently shown such amazing courage and strength to fill the role of father to me.  I'll be honest, I expected a "Thank you but no thanks" from him or an "I'm flattered but I don't feel comfortable with that."  I got an "I'm honored that you asked and I'm honored to accept."

Yeah, I cried.

Then today, an amazing "day after" my birthday, he listed me as his son.

That's right, his son.

I almost cried again.

I recently told someone that yes I think that my life is turning around for the better.  Not just because I'm living my truth and I believe that the universe, the gods, God, Allah, Krishnu, whomever you serve, honors you and blesses you when you're living your truth, but because now when life throws crap and heartache my way (and bad things will happen, it's life people, I don't live in delusions....except where it concerns John Barrowman and Shemar Moore-*shiver of delight*), I'll have people to help me back up.  I have people who are standing in front of me and taking the brunt of the hit.

I have have a dad, moms, older brothers and sisters, younger brothers and sisters, a Nieceling and Nephrew who are surrounding me and loving me and supporting me and telling life and the hatred and the discrimination and the transphobics and the homophobics and the racists and the hellish and shittiest aspects of life that they can't have me, that they can't get to me.

I've always been the warrior, the one who protected those that I cared about, it's so nice to have people to do that for me (even if I protest that I need it).

And honestly, that's the greatest present that I got yesterday.


{HUGZ, SQUEEZES AND FIST BUMPS}

Vic

ETA: I FORGOT the pictures!!  LOL.  Here they are:







7 comments:

  1. Yumm this looks absolutely delicious and I'm so happy you have found another addition to your small (okay, it's not that small anymore ;D) family :)
    Stay that happy *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! And that's the coolest birthday cake ever!!! Purple YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who made that cake?!?! Cause I want one too....my birthday's next month! just an fyi. LOL

    I am so pleased your day was the fantastical day that it was. You most certainly deserved it.

    Mwah!
    Hugs too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!!!

    Archie: My Big Sister Cherie made the cake. Didn't she do an excellent job? I'll tell her what you said.

    Kerstin: Yeah, my family's quite large now and they all look out for me. It's excellent. And I must admit I wanted to write a blog entitled "My Dad is Better Than Your Dad." LOL. But I decided not to.

    Kat: Thanks Sis! And it WAS the best cake ever! Cherie is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your birthday and your life are making you happy right now. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cake I want one made for me ~Grins~ It looks so yummy


    I am glad that you had an amazing birthday and glad you have a dad that is honored to be called dad by you.

    I love you big brother keep being you always.

    ReplyDelete

Want to pet The Vic?