Monday, January 9, 2012

Life-Changing Book: Honored Vow by Mary Calmes

Honored Vow (Change of Heart, #3)Honored Vow by Mary Calmes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

10 Stars....

I want to give this book 10 stars.

Every page I turned the book got better and that's not an exaggeration, that is truth. This book, this story and Mary's writing oozes, leaks and throbs with perfection, with genius.

I don't think anyone more than me pleaded, begged, cajoled, blackmailed, whined, and prayed for a third book in Mary's werepanther series. I had fallen so in love with Jin and Logan in Change of Heart, at the time seeing myself in Jin and my deceased fiance, Christopher, in Logan. As I have grown and change, so has Jin and Logan.

The relationships, the strength, the power, the sex, the couples, even the betrayal and violence improved one hundredfold between Trusted Bond and this book.

I didn't think it was possible for me to love Jin and Logan more than I had in Trusted Bond, but Mary proved me wrong. More than that, Mary made me fall in love with characters that I had only a passing affection for before: Domin, Yuri, Crane, Mikhail and characters that I had previously rooted for and cheered for did a complete 180 and I found myself sneering at them and wishing for boils to grow on their privates.

This book takes place a while after Trusted Bond, it doesn't pick up immediately, but takes place a few years after book two ends, and I will admit I was looking to see how much everything had changed. I was very happy to see that Logan and Jin's relationship had strengthened, that their bond had become impenetrable. I was happy to see Jin gaining control over his power. More than that I was so happy to see characters redeeming themselves or showing their true colors.

Each chapter, each page got better. I laughed, I gasped, I almost cried (which I blame on someone cutting onions somewhere), I yelled at characters, I almost threw my book across the room in fury. I even started a "shit hit" list and put characters on there that I wanted to see pay for their egregious sins. I was very happy to see justice play out.

More than that I was happy with the way I felt when the book finished. While I wouldn't turn my nose up at another book with Jin and Logan (because c'mon I think the only person that loves them more than me is Mary Calmes and even then, we'd probably have to debate that), I can honestly say that when the book was over, I sighed. In relief, in satisfaction, in happiness, in awe, in love, in completion. I knew that Jin and Logan had told their story and for them, questions had been answered, bonds were solid and they were, they are one of the most loving couples I have ever read about.

I wanted to give this book 10 stars, because 5 just doesn't seem enough to do it justice. Brilliant perfection Mary, that was this book, brilliant perfection.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to pet The Vic?