Saturday, October 22, 2011

Funeral

Today is my granny's funeral.

I feel bad because I don't feel like crying or anything.

Maybe it's because she got her send-off in NOLA (I'll tell you guys about that some time).

Maybe it's because I know I'm going to need to keep my wits about me today.

Or maybe it's just because I'm all cried out.

Either way, I won't be around that much today, probably not at all.

*Sigh*  I'll be writing though so that's a good thing.

And I've even been asked to ride with my bio family in the limo.

I politely declined (I'm no fool), I'm not in the mood to be exorcised again.  LOL.

So I'll holla at you folks later.

{HUGZ AND SQUEEZES AND FIST BUMPS}

-Vic

6 comments:

  1. My heart aches for you. You're in my thoughts and prayers VeeVee.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grieving and remberance are such hugely personal things, I hope you take the time out to give yourself time to do what you need to do.

    *hugs*
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in my thoughts and prayers V. Do what you need to do deal with this day.

    ((((HUGS))))

    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're in my thoughts big brother...praying you keep your wits about you babes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about you, our friend! Take care. Matty and Brad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your thoughts. It was a hard day. I had to sneak into the funeral and then I had to wait until the left the grave site to take two of the roses (one pink and one white) from the bouquet on top and to put down my two blood red roses so that they'd be with her when they finally lowered her into the ground. It was a hard day, but I survived it. Thank you again for your well wishes and everything. I've got a busy few days ahead of me. A move to Buffalo to prepare for, books to write, etc. but I'll try to take some time and tell you all about the send off my granny got in NOLA, not by me, but by a band there and how a lot of people at GRL told me that they thought about my granny at that moment.

    Thanks again!

    {HUGZ AND SQUEEZES AND FIST BUMPS}

    Vic

    ReplyDelete

Want to pet The Vic?