Friday, August 12, 2011

Book Review of Ally Blue's "Untamed Heart"-My Final Book Review of the Day


Untamed HeartUntamed Heart by Ally Blue
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Okay, so when "Laddie" first told me to read this story, I'd din't realize that I'd already read it three times before.  I'll tell you how that happened.  For some reason I keep forgetting the title of this book and each time I read it I see something that I didn't notice previously, so by the time I realize that I've read it before, I'm usually so into the book that I just read it again.  I've yet to be disappointed.  We'll just call it my "Blonde Moment."

I could identify with Leon and his need to avenge his partner after his brutal death, that driving force to go to any lengths, spend any amount of money and time planning in order to exact justice on the one who took your partner from you.  I lost my fiance to brain cancer and I'm still fighting to this day to destroy the bastard that took him away from me, cancer (walks, marches, studies, organizations, etc).  I must admit to smiling at the omniscience of "The Organization" which, if we're honest with ourselves, we all know to be the CIA, having served in the Army in Intelligence I'm aware of just how much power and knowledge our government actually has and Mrs. Blue hit the nail on the head with that one, even if some of their dialogue made me chuckle.

Grim's past and his reactions to Leon made me sad.  I understand how trauma and the events that happen afterwards, that guilt, that need for self-preservation can cause you to fall into a pattern that is hard to change, even though the person does.  Leon's determination to overcome and help Grim to heal from his past, to see the reality, to realize that he was worthy of love and a life was so touching, that I actually cried a little.  Leon's determination and will to fight for Grim was uplifting and his strength of character to not stop, to do whatever he had to do to rescue his lover was so encouraging and inspiring that it made me smile and root for him.

And for me, "The Epilogue Whore" (Don't know why I like that nickname so much but I do. LOL) the end was so perfect and so "sigh worthy" that I didn't feel the need to search for a sequel or anything further with their story.  I actually gave a sigh of contentment and I feel, in my humble opinion, that had Ms. Blue written anything else, she would have spoiled the whole thing for me.  Leon and Grim deserved their HEA and Mrs Blue gave them the perfect one.

Anyone who enjoys reading stories about healing after a trauma, finding love again, overcoming obstacles, fighting for love, action, and HEAs will definitely enjoy this book.  I know I did, that's why I read it three different times and I haven't regretted it yet.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to pet The Vic?