Friday, August 12, 2011

Book Review of T.A. Chase's "Lift Your Voice"


Lift Your VoiceLift Your Voice by T.A. Chase
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really, REALLY loved this story.  I think it's because even though I'm a girl, I identified with both Brandon and Don.  I was put in a wheelchair and given a cane after an accident with a weapon ended my military career and I understood Brandon's fight to return to a life as normal as he could make it.  The desire to still be useful, to not be pitied, but to still have people show compassion, most of all, that desire, that NEED to find someone who will love you in spite of your physical limitations.  As far as Don, I have a portion of my family that is ultra-conservative, ultra-religious and while I'm not gay myself, I am a supporter and I have a lot of friends who are and I've been cast out and shunned for that same reason.  I also helped a friend of mine who at 17 was kicked out of his parents home when he came out to them.  I loved the fact that Don and Brandon found a church and a minister who were supportive and non-judgmental (as they all should be) and I loved how that connection between them was almost instantaneous and how it grew and become so deep and long-lasting.

I would recommend this book to everyone lovers of m/m and those who aren't.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to pet The Vic?